- 4h (1,5h without transport)
Discover the origin of the giant circular depressions called Torcas. When this Torcas get filled with wáter form magnificent lagoons with characteristic and very special fauna that will attract the visitor attention.
- 09.30 to 10.00 Hotel pick-up
- Visit to Las Torcas
- Stop at Pino Abuelo and Candelabro
- Visit to Cañada del Hoyo Lagoons
- 14.00 Arrival to Cuenca
A comfortable and nice excursion, to a little crowded place, that will transfer you to another era. Silence will go with the feeling of vertigo and emptiness that leads to these curious formations which, once upon a time, were the habitat of our most famous dinosaur, the Concavenator Corcovatus.
The place hides curious legends that our guides will tell you
The Torcas are circular depressions caused by the sinking of the Cretaceous soil on caves of the Jurassic period. When these depressions go beyond the water table they give rise to small lagoons that hide microhabitats where some protected species reside and breed. and we will know why the striking change of color that occurs in its waters with the change of the seasons.
On the way from Las Torcas to Las Lagunas, we will stop to contemplate two of the eldest trees of La Serrania Conquense, Pino Abuelo and Pino Candelabro, two individuals from Pino Negral.
Tour duration4h (1,5h without transport)
Offered languagesSpanish / English
We started the tour...
Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
MEETING POINT WITH TRANSPORT
Hotel pick up:
-Schedule between 9:30 and 10:00 am
Tourist reception center:
-Av. República Argentina, 28, 16002 Cuenca
Included in this tour
- Transport with hotel pick up
- Ecoturism guide throughout the excursion
- Tickets to Torcas and Lagoons
- Language: Spanish -Enligh (specify in the reservation, please)
- Day’s duration: 4 hours with transport, 1:30 hours without transport
- Guaranteed departure from two persons
- Indicate hotel of stay where the pick-up is to be made
- Reservations until 6:00 p.m. on the day before departure
- Cancellation fees: free of charge up to 24 hours before departure
Valid prices until 12/31/2019